FLASH NEWS

Grab the widget  IWeb Gator

who will be the number 1 hero in Tollywood.........

I have a 'tapori' look in Ragada: Nag

Akkineni Nagarjuna talks abouthis upcoming movie 'Ragada', his career, family and rumours in a chat with IndiaGlitz.


How is 'Ragada' going to be different 
fromyour previous movies?

Nag:This movie is different from what I have done in the last five years. I haven't played this kind of 'tapori' charecter with punch dialogues in my last six films. I tried something new in 'Kedi' too but it didn't do well. 'Ragada' is a time tried formula and this genre has always done well at box office with minimum guarenteeeturns. Playing this charecter was a change to me as I haven't done this genre for a years now. I am confident of  ending this year on a happy note.

What is his check list before he says yes to a movie?

Nag: I look at the potential of the director and the producer before I sign a film If these two are sensible, script turns out to be alright.Most stars say it is the script that makes them sign a movie but if the script is good and director isn't competent enough to handle it and producer doesn't give it a good platform, the movie won't work.The director needn't be a succesful one, but someone who understands the dynamics of film making is whom I work with.
How do you manage to look so young? Can you share your fitness secret with us?
Nag: I have started working out only before I did 'Shiva' for that role. I religiously exercised one hour every day ever since.I have also maintained consistency in my diet.I eat whatever I want but I make sure I work it out. I don't take lemon juice for a few months, lose weight for a role and then forget about it. I don't like to shock my body like that.I am also genetically blessed may be.
You signed a movie titled 'Rajanna' and has a ready to release 'Gaganam' in his kitty which will release in Tamil too. Is this your concious deciscion to enter Tamil industry?
Nag: I became popular with Maniratnam's Geetanjali that was a success in Tamilnadu and Kerala, followed by Shiva that released as 'Udayam' in Kollywood. Quite a lot of my films got dubbed into Tamil and did well there and so they remember me.The director is from Tamilnadu and they wanted a bigger budget for the film and so they decided to do it in Tamil too. I liked it and I am glad we shot the movie for both the versions.
Despite movies like Criminal doing smashing business in north why didn't you pursue your career in Bollywood?
Nag: There were a few in Bollywood who said will this romantic song work on him. I didn't want to go through all that. RGV who was shifting his base to Mumbai asked me to come with him. I decided to stay back and told myself that if the Hindi film makers want me, let them come to Hyderabad.I focused on my Telugu movies and despite that I got movies like 'Khuda Gawah', 'Zakhm', 'Loc Kargil'
You have always hogged a lot of news print for his affairs with reel load of actresses who acted with him. Do rumours of his alleged affairs affect you?
Nag: They bother me if it is spiteful and is hurting my family. When you look at it you know it is not true. Otherwise, being linked to heroines doesn't bother me. A few rumours are evident that they are born out of someone's jealousy of me. I guess people also take it with a pinch of salt.It is a part of showbizz and I am born in a film family.I just laugh it off
A birdie tells us that your younger son Akhil is soon to go abroad for his course in acting. Another star in making?
Nag: Me, his mother, his grandpa. brother, uncles and everyone is into acting and he grew up in film family. It is natural for him to like this industry. But he is just 16 now and I told him make a choice in another four years on what he wants to do. He is now enjoying life, playing cricket and studying.

No comments: